Monday, September 23, 2013

Summer Empties

Second day of autumn and I thought it would be fitting to show you the products that I managed to finish during the season that passed. 
After months of accumulating these empties, it is finally time to pour them onto my desk and take some pictures... Here's a mini review on the 22 products, mostly mini samples but a few full sizes as well, enjoy!
Makeup:
Revision Intellishade SPF45 Matte - It was an okay tinted moisturizer, didn't break me out, has some coverage, a higher SPF than most TM, unfortunately, I haven't seen it around in stores so I suspect it'd be hard to find if I loved it. Maybe~
Pur minerals correcting primer complexion pur-fection neutral- I really enjoyed using this, even more than the Benefit's Porefesional, but it seems to be discontinued or 're-formulated.' If I didn't have so many face primers to go through, I'd probably purchase this in full-size. Maybe~
Eyeko lengthening skinny mini brush mascara - This product was okay, I like the brush and the application, not so crazy about the formula, it smudges on my oily lids. Leave it!
Urban Decay Supercurl curling mascara - I liked this, clean and easy application with no clumps. Unfortunately not waterproof. Leave it!
Buxom Lash mascara - I like the wand of this mascara, it gives my thin lashes a fuller look, and it does great job lengthening as well. The best of the 4 mascaras I used up. Maybe~
Dejavu lash knockout - this fiberwig mascara didn't do much for my short lashes, after much rave in the Asian community I had high hopes. The formula clumps on me after a few coats, not a pretty sight. Leave it!
Koji Dolly wink liquid eyeliner - I love this eyeliner, it's super easy to apply. Love the formula so much I have backup(s) of it. Love it! 
L'Oreal Age Perfect Instant Glow BB cream - not a BB cream at all, not ideal for oily skin. Best for dry to normal skin. It has a tint.I used it once and decide to toss out the rest of the samples because I greased up within 30 mins even after setting it with a powder. Leave it!
Lush It started with a kiss - I didn't finish this lip tint, but it's expired. I love the colour of this product but I found the scent too off putting and had not really used it. Not a big fan of it staining my fingers when applying it either. Leave it!
Laura Mercier loose setting powder - I got a tiny sample of this from Sephora and used this mainly to set my undereye concealer. It seems to do a better job than my bareminerals mineral veil, making it a product worth checking out~ Love it! 
Skincare:
H2O dual-action eye makeup remover - It does an ok job at removing eye makeup, but is not as good as Lancome's bi-facil or Clinique's Take the Day off makeup remover. Not a product I'd repurchase. Leave it!
Orlane Light smoothing cream - did not really like this cream as it broke me out a little, I ended up using this on my cuticle because I didn't want to waste product. It is surprising not greasy. Leave it!
Benefit moisture prep toning lotion - a nice and refreshing lotion with a clean scent that is not overpowering. Would I purchase? prolly not, but I did enjoy it. Leave it!
Laneige Water sleeping pack - Love using this product when my skin feels dehydrated or if I just feel like pampering myself. It is not a greasy product, has a lovely scent and my skin loves it. I can leave this on my face while it does its magic and not worry about it making a mess of my pillow, but then again, I don't put a super heavy layer on. I already purchase the full size. Love it! 
H2O Face Oasis shine-neutralizing gel (old packaging) - I love this light gel moisturizer. I'd say it does a pretty good job at moisturizing my face and keeping it relatively oil-free. I've noticed big improvement on the texture of my skin. Love! I hope that they did not change the formula of the new packaging. Love it! 
Lush Breath of Fresh Air toner - As its name implies, it is refreshing toner/mist with a lovely scent. It is a lovely treat, however, not a repurchase as I don't see any other benefits from using it and can't justify having to spend so much on this mist. Leave it!
Amorepacific Treatment Enzyme Peel - Sephora sample - Lovely gentle exfoliator with brighten benefits. I used it daily and it did not irritate my skin. Freshly cleansed skin that never felt so soft. Purchased full size (has a hefty price tag though!) Love it! 
Amorepacific Treatment Cleansing Foam - Sephora sample - It's a nice cleanser, however, not as impressive or innovative as the enzyme peel. Product did not wow me and will not be purchasing it.Leave it!
Cle de peau Refreshing cleansing Foam - Holt sample - This product smells heavenly and makes your skin squeaky-clean without drying it out. However, another product with a hefty price tag. Hopefully, will find a cheaper dupe someday~ Maybe~
Hair care:
Chi Silk Infusion - I enjoy this product as it does temporarily make my hair silky, it's no treatment but it does what it claims. I'm surprised at how long this tiny sample lasted me especially since I have a lot of hair and my hair is coarse and thick. Won't have to worry about purchasing as I still have two samples left~ Maybe~
Ojon Hair Rub-Out Dry Cleanser - It's one of the best dry shampoos I've tried, but still not what I'm looking for. The scent is like the rest of the Ojon products, not off-putting but noticeable even minutes after application. Hair does feel refreshed and my hair doesn't suddenly 'grease up' mid day. Maybe~
Others:
L'Occitane Fleur Chérie hand cream - did not like the scent, will not repurchase. As a hand cream, it wasn't too greasy and did the job, I just detested the scent. Leave it!
Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia Cologne - I like pears, so I knew I'd love this scent. It has a fresh floral scent and makes me think of spring (oh the irony that it's fall already.) Whatever the season may be, wearing this makes me feel refreshed and slightly giddy (why? I don't know). I usually just spray once on each wrist and rub it against my neck. However, as I found out, it can be overwhelming if you overapply... Love it! 

PHEWWW! finally done. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading this! Please let me know if there are any products you want more thorough reviews, if not, until next time! :)

Rating:
Leave it! Wouldn't repurchase, product didn't love me!
Maybe~ I would consider buying the product, but it's not a fave.
Love it! Definite repurchase, if I don't already have a backup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

un message pour moi? :)