|from left to right: first two swatches are form the Nars duo one is Vanilla and the other is Honey. then it's Kat Von D in Light 18, K-palette in 03 Orange Beige, YSL in 2 Nude Beige and Benefit's Boi-ing in Light.|
Monday: Nars Concealer duo in Vanilla and Honey
- The packaging for this is the typical Nars sleek, textured compact with a big mirror on the inside which is great for application and convenient to bring around. I love the fact that there is two colours in one compact, vanilla is the perfect shade for brightening and honey is a more orangey shade that is great at correcting/neutralizing problem areas (ie dark circles.) In most cases, my skintone is in between shades, so purchasing a single product that contains a lighter and darker shade is awesome. Overall, the formula is lightweight and works well when the area is moisturized and primed (this is true for any concealer I use). I found that it does migrate over time. This product is however discontinued and even though I enjoyed it, I'm not sure it would be worth it at full price.
- I like tubed products in general because I find them more hygienic than the pot pan ones, which was the reason why I picked this. This product provides full coverage, is creamy and applies well with a brush, however, because of my oily skin it does not last very long and shifting begins as early as 2-3 hours. When I set it with a powder, this product looks cakey. Overall not too impressed with this product and I should probably have returned it to Sephora had I not been so determined to make it work.
- Long name for a concealer that does not last very long... it started to disappear on me a few hours after application even with primer. I had read quite a few reviews that raved about this product and thought I should give it a try. Honestly, I am not a big fan of this product, I don't think I enjoy using this liquid concealer because I feel I have a lot less control.
- This is the most expensive concealer I've purchased to date and luckily, not one I regretted. I love this silky, creamy concealer stick. It glides smoothly over my undereye and with two swipes completely conceals the dark circle. The product blends out nicely however, if not careful, can be completely swiped away. I find that the easiest way to blend out this product is just to lightly pat it. One of the reasons why I enjoy this so much, is also the fact that it matches my current skintone perfectly. :) My only complaint about this concealer is.... its beautiful packaging attracts way too much fingerprints!
- I actually got this concealer in a shade too light for my skintone. It looks okay as long as I wear glasses on top, however without them, it's too obvious that I have concealer on. As far as concealing, this provides a full coverage, the formula is a bit drying and if not applied properly can look cakey. I find that warming up the product can help with application, but it is hard to work with on morning that you are in a rush. Definitely not a on the go!
A few things I want to note with regards to using concealers. I find that people with oily eyelids such as myself have a pretty hard time keeping concealers in their place. With that being said, putting on a primer under the concealer as well as setting it with a powder is crucial to longer lasting concealing.
Next week, eyeliners :)