Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Natural look with purple + pink

After seeing how gorgeous Ronnie wore her eyeshadow I decided to try out my MAC quad in "Girlish Romp" this weekend, however I only used the 'mid-tone pink' from the quad and colours combined from my Clinique and UB eyeshadow palettes... Here's the simple pinkish purple day look I came up with.

Day look: Purple + pink



Products used:

Urban Decay - Primer + 'Gun metal' (outter corner of the eye) + 'Darkhorse' (to line bottom of the eye)
MAC - Mid-tone pink (all over lid)
Clinique - 'cutie pink shade from pink lollipop' (on the inner corner) + 'deep purple shade from come Heather trio' (on crease)
Blinc - Kiss Me mascara

-----------------------------

I also repeated the look, however modified for the night... here's some pictures :)


Night look: Purple + pink


This look was actually done on a seperate day. I changed the mascara (from Blinc - Kiss Me, to Clinique - High Impact mascara for a more dramatic look for the evening) as well as substituted the dark purple from my Clinique palette to a brighter shade from an E.L.F. palette I had. Definately enjoyed the more vibrant colour and it stood out even behind my glasses without being too dramatic. I was surprised at how pigmented the E.LF. shadow was in comparison to the Clinique one. 'deep purple shade from Come Heather' is actually deep purple in the pan, but comes out more gray.

Overall, I'm really digging these colours and I am looking forward to wearing them out more often this spring. It looks natural and refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

un message pour moi? :)