Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tackle box as makeup storage!

Let me introduce you to my new makeup storage. Voila a tackle box used for beauty purpose!



I've been hunting for a perfect organizer to compact my precious makeup collection and finally found this in the fishing aisle. 


The drawer is 16.5" x 12.0" x 16.0" which is a good size for my 'desk.' It contains 4 stowaway utility boxes, 1 big storage area on the top and a small top-access storage area on the lid. 


Here's how I organized the stowaway boxes...


#1: has all my drugstore eyeshadows including both singles and mini eyeshadow palettes
#2: contains all my more expensive shadows (mainly MAC, UD and Lancome)
#3: has a variety of things including my brow sets, eyeshadow primers, gel eyeliners, highlighters and concealers
#4: has all new products I haven't used.. mainly mascaras, eyeliners and other freebies
I'm not the neatest person in the world.. in fact I am quite messy, so I find the individual dividers useful in separating my collection and helping me organize my makeup.


This amazing organizer also has a big storage part on top where I am currently putting my nail polish collection as well as other nail stuff in there...
As a bonus, the lid of the storage part has a top-access flap which I am currently putting any of my new/unused brushes in... :)
I find the tackle box to be a pretty good replacement for a train case because it is a decent size at a reasonable price and feels very sturdy. I know this isn't as fancy but if you are looking for an economical portable makeup organizer you should really check it out, it's great and safe way to organize and store your makeup (also with the saved money you can buy moreeeeee makeup!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

un message pour moi? :)