Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Anna Sui Dolly Girl Lip Stick

Over the past year, I've grown quite fond of lip products... and then I found out I might be allergic to beeswax which is in the majority of lipsticks available in the market. Thankfully, there are products out there that does not contain it, such as these two Anna Sui lipstick [I also ordered the blue one from UO but it never came :( ]
If I do fall in love with these lipsticks it will be hard to find them later as these are from Anna Sui's 2011 Spring/Summer limited edition. 
The first thing about these that I noticed and loved is the packaging. The boxes are beautifully coloured and so were the tubes! They look like Russian Dolls and there is a face on the lipstick. Secondly, the lipstick smells divine. It smells like fresh roses, which was a lovely surprise during these gloomy days.

I got the lipstick in 001 and 003. Since I'm not 100% if I am allergic to this lipstick I decided to try out shade 003 first... Here's a swatch of it on my arm as well as on my lips.
#1 with flash
#2 without flash
#3 with flash
#4 with flash
#5 without flash
I'm not quite sure why the colour looks different in all of the pictures.. but picture #3 is most true to colour. When applied, this lipstick is sheer and IMO is a great tinted lip moisturizer as it gives just a hint of colour and is not drying.

Really quite surprised with this and kind of sad that it is a limited edition. Perhaps I will try out other Anna Sui lipsticks :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your resview :)
    I've never heard of this brand!
    thank you for sharing!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

un message pour moi? :)