Monday, August 8, 2011

MUFE + Eyeliner + Sephora VIB Hatbox = Haul (also Sephora haul from last month)

The cute hatbox with goodies that lured me to Sephora Friday after work... :)
I received an email from Sephora for VIB appreciation weekend... and ended up buying more than I expected... I stepped into Sephora for the sole purpose of looking at eyeliners but swayed and stumbled upon MUFE aqua cream... I got a few swatches... and fell in love with 3 of them...

Here is my supposedly 'original purchase...' the girl at Sephora suggested me the following... I had planned to only get eyeliners in black, but the Smashbox Limitless liquid liner in black was out of stock so I decided to settle for the dark brown... the colour creates a more natural look anyways :) The other eyeliners were both from Sephora, which are the doe eyed felt eyeliner and the retractable waterproof eyeliner, both in black... I did not get to try these out, but hopefully soon, since my Nars eyeliner is drying up at an accelerated rate -__-"


Now... onto my MUFE shadows...  After going back to the MUFE shelf countless of times I end up getting the following shades: 11 (gold), 12 (golden copper), 15 (taupe) all of which are cream shadow with shimmer!! Shade 15 was actually out of stock at the Yorkdale location so I ended up in Fairview after dinner, and got it... I just had to have it that day O.o



Here are the shadow swatches done on my NW20 eyelid, with no primer... I was a bit sloppy but I was trying to create a simple look with my fingertips... I am SOOOO in love with the gold (shade 11)


I kind of messed up the taupe because I picked up too much of it with my finger... 
I had the shadows on for the entire day... sadly... after 10 hours it seems that the gold had move a bit and creased... maybe it wasn't suppose to stay creaseless for so long? or it wasn't designed for such oily lids... Still... I found the colour hard to not love... Will try preping and priming eyes next time.

--------------
Update: 15.09.11
Swatches of the MUFE aqua cream on my arm:

with flash
without flash
End of update.
--------------

Et voilà, le 'free Collector Beauty Box' :)



Inside the Hat box were "Buxom Buxom Lash Mascara (6 ml), Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Mascara, Stila Coconut Crush Lip & Cheek Stain (0.6 ml), Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray (3 ml), Benefit Cosmetics Ring my Bella eau de toilette (1.5 ml), Tokidoki Ciao Ciao Rollerball (2 ml), Phyto Phytolisse Finishing Serum (4.7 ml), Phyto Phytopolléine purifying scalp elixir (4ml), NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer Oil-Free (8 ml), Bliss FatGirlSlim (10 ml)and Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer (11.8 ml)." ** Extract from my Sephora email XD

A few of the items that I got were substituted and have been indicated with the strike-through. I was slightly disappointed that the Benefit Stay don't Stray was replaced with an eau de toilette, especially since I've gotten out of my perfume phase... oh well... c'est la vie! Still, I'm looking forward to trying out some of the other items (ie the Nars Pore refining primer!!)

So... did you get lured into the VIB appreciation weekend gig? :)

-----------------------------

Yeps, I've compacted two hauls into one post.. this one was from last month and it was so small... I didn't blog till now... here it is, my order plus some freebies~


I have yet to try the MUFE 12 Flash Colour Case... but I am blown away by TheBalm Balms Away eye makeup remover... like addicted and in love... It gently removes ALL of my makeup with so little products... it does not leave residue (with the exception of some eyeliners) and is not oily... just so happy to found something that suits me!

And since I had 500 points in my Sephora account... this is what I claimed with it...

500-POINT PERK - Too Faced Eye Love Eyeshadow Collection
I was curious about the Too Faced Eye Love Collection, so I got it... then I realized that I have 6 of the 8 colours... now... I don't know what to do this palette... Meh... impulse shopping is getting me in trouble...

1 comment:

  1. Cute box =D I wish my Sephora had these!!

    You can always return them to Sephora! They have a great return policy =]

    ReplyDelete

un message pour moi? :)