Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Recent purchase: Kat Von D True Romance E/S Palette

Here is a look I created using the green shades of my Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Truth. I actually decided to do this look to match my Angry Bird 'Chilling like a Villain' tee... ^.^ Anyways... back to the palette, the packaging is so pretty and cute that I almost didn't have the heart to rip the tissue paper off.

I took it out of its box but it was wrapped in tissue paper!
... after I savagely ripped off the tissue paper...
close-up of the palette
Here I used  'snake eyes,' 'long distance,' and 'sugar skull'.
I've used this palette a few times now and really enjoy it. The colours are beautifully pigmented (with the right primer), blendable and versatile. Even though I find all the colours lovely, I absolutely adore 'sister' which is a light peachy colour that blends nicely with everything to give you that artistic feeling. Another great shade from this palette is 'finland' which is a bright aqua green that adds nice accent to your eyes. :)

Two issues that I want to address that some people have with this palette. 1) the cream eye shadow (finland) drying out. This was not a problem I encountered and I received my palette 2 weeks ago. I've noticed that with cream eye shadows it applies more easily if you use your fingers, perhaps the warmth helps melt/soften it? 2) the eye shadows are too soft and therefore break when travelling. My palette survived my weekend trip to my bf, and my trip to Montreal... I'll continue doing this for a while and see if it cracks ;) 

In any case, if you've been thinking about whether to get it or not, try it out at your nearest Sephora and swatch some of the colours on your arm. Chances are if it shows up on your arm without a primer you are good to go :) This palette is still on sale at Sephora for $22 CAD or $17 USD (slight cringe.... just a little.)

-------------------------

Updated:
I did a similar eye makeup again, but added 'finland' to the corner to give it that extra pop 

No comments:

Post a Comment

un message pour moi? :)